Sunday, January 22, 2012

My Two Cents on Blogs /Mis Dos Centavos sobre los Blogs

I’ve noticed that the way I use this blog and other researchers use theirs is somewhat different. I usually repost new articles that I’ve published elsewhere (i.e. websites or journals) or outlets where I’ve been interviewed/quoted. Sometimes I put brief blog posts, but not often, as I write such pieces for other places (like Latin American Thought) and republish them here. I don’t have a “blog roll” nor an option to subscribe for some e-newsletter nor do I update this blog daily with brief analyses like others do or reposting links of analyses that I find interesting; I use my Twitter account for that. I figured I might as well just write this and see if I get any feedback on that.
PS. I have an account on Delicious and I used to have an extension on my blog to show articles I had run across that I bookmarked, but whoever owns Delicious now got rid of that option.
January 22, 2012

He notado que la forma como uso este blog y como lo usan otros analistas es un poco diferente. Usualmente pongo nuevos articulos que he publicado en otros lugares o donde he sido citado/entrevistado. A veces pongo pequenos comentarios tipo blog pero no a menudo ya que publico este tipo de articulos en otros lugares (como Latin American Thought) y luego los republico aqui. No tengo un “blog roll” o una opcion para suscribirse a algun tipo de e-boletin; tampoco pongo pequenos analises/comentarios como lo hacen otros o reposteo links de analyses que pienso que son interesantes; para eso uso mi cuenta en Twitter. Pense en escribir estas ideas aqui y ver si recibo algun comentario.
PS. Tambien tengo una cuenta en Delicious conectada a mi blog donde marcaba articulos que me interesan pero quiensea que es dueno de Delicious ahora borro esa opcion.
Enero 22, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment